Saturday, July 28, 2007

juking

A quote from The Fugitive Kind, the Sidney Lumet/Tennessee Williams film, via my dad, as delivered by Joanne Woodward:

"Juking? Oh! Well, that's when you get in a car, which is preferably open in any kind of weather. And then you drink a little bit and you drive a little bit, and then you stop and you dance a little bit with a jukebox. And then you drink a little bit more and you drive a little bit more, you stop and you dance a little bit more to another juke box! And then you stop dancing and you just drink and you drive. And then, you stop driving."

Tonight I didn't drive drunk or dance at all, but I requested some silly songs on one of them digital jukeboxes on a trip to the Showdown with Brian, so I think maybe, technically, I did some juking.

No comments: